Nowadays, parking is one of the main tools for traffic handling. Parking Management System (PMS) is presented in order to optimize space, time, and costs in parking. Some of the PMS capabilities can be mentioned as follows:
– Guide drivers to a suitable parking slot through sensors, panels, and signs
– Parking reservation, car finding, and automatic payment through plate number reader technology
– Automatic enter, exit, and payment
– Mobile application for car finding
– Statistical analysis and visual reports of entrance, exit, and occupied slots
PMS is presented in two different technology:
1- Ultrasonic: In this strategy, an ultrasonic sensor is installed for each parking slot which detects occupancy status of the slot through sending sound waves. Also, the sensor contains LED which its color indicates the slot status. Green and red means unoccupied and occupied, respectively.
2- Image processing: In this method, a camera which can read car plate is installed for a few parking slots (usually 4 or 6). It provides some useful capability such as car tracking and car finding.